Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving to All

Happy Thanksgiving! I can't believe it is already Thanksgiving. That means Christmas (and most importantly Winter Break) is almost here!

I thought of Thanksgiving and felt I needed to really think about what I have and am so thankful for. I think the first thing is my testimony of the gospel and of Jesus Christ. Second on my list and very close is my family, especially my parents. They have done so much for me and I am grateful for the sacrifices they made to raise me and help me in every way. My mom always tries to keep a scorecard or something, but I know I can never catch up! I am also grateful for all my friends who put up with crazy me! My seminary kids are another thing I am grateful for. Even though seminary is SOOOOOO early, they help me get my day started right and I cherish the time I get to spend preparing for class and also trying to keep my students awake. My job is another thing I am grateful for. I love teaching high school. High school students are a unique breed. They lack this little link in their brains that make it impossible for them to see some consequences of their actions, but they are so fun to help develop that link (and frustrating at the same time) This last week some of my former students have stopped by to visit me. It has been so fun to see them grow and talk with them abotu what they have done! This is something else I am grateful for. I know this is not a complete list, but it is some of what I am grateful for!

Have a wonderful holiday and hopefully you are spending it with people you love!

2 comments:

Jon, Teresa and Madison said...

Happy Thanksgiving Aunt Letta. I'm bummed we didn't get to see you in Sacramento. Take care and talk to you soon.

Unknown said...

Happy Holidays, Letta. Since we know I won't get back on here till who knows, I will just hit them all now. :)